An Everyday Miracle
Heartwarming real-life stories about giving birth and women’s health from a world-leading gynaecologist and obstetrician.
Why Shop with Blackstaff Books?
- Engaging books by great writers
- Safe and secure ordering options
- Our widest range of books online
- Book Details
In An Everyday Miracle, doctor Jim Dornan gives a unique insight into the world of pregnancy, giving birth and women’s health.
Drawing on his forty-year career as an obstetrician and gynaecologist, he talks openly and controversially about working in a busy maternity unit, and about the immense joy, and sometimes heartbreak and loss, that women experience during pregnancy and birth. In an accessible way, the book covers subjects such as premature babies, miscarriage, the pros and cons of having a c section and PMS, as well as looking, sometimes humorously, at how things have changed for doctors and their female patients over the last fifty years.
Taking up where Call the Midwife left off, An Everyday Miracle tells the extraordinary stories of mothers, babies and their care over the last half-century.
- Format: Paperback / Softback
- Published On: 06 September 2013
- Publisher: Blackstaff Press
- ISBN / EAN: 9780856409097
- Page Count: 184
- Dimensions: 8.50 in x 5.30 in x 0.70 in