Asking for Trouble
The story of how a Belfast schoolgirl was expelled from St Dominics on the Falls Road in Belfast in 1959, and how that event went on to shape the rest of her life.
Why Shop with Blackstaff Books?
- Engaging books by great writers
- Safe and secure ordering options
- Our widest range of books online
- Book Details
Now an eminent writer and critic, Patricia Craig was expelled from her convent grammar school at a time when girls from respectable families were never kicked out of school, and certainly not when the ‘offence’ was carrying-on with boys in the sand dunes in the Donegal Gaeltacht while attending an Irish language summer school.
Asking for Trouble is an absorbing coming-of-age memoir, and an entertaining account of religious identities, family relationships and growing up in 1950s Belfast and Donegal.
- Format: Paperback / Softback
- Published On: 07 September 2007
- Publisher: Blackstaff Press
- ISBN / EAN: 9780856408083
- Page Count: 240
- Dimensions: 8.50 in x 5.30 in x 0.60 in