John Hewitt Selected Poems
John Hewitt’s literary legacy has been praised by noted poets like Seamus Heaney and Eavan Boland. Edited, with a new introduction, by Michael Longley and Frank Ormsby, Selected Poems is a celebration of this a unique voice in Irish poetry.
Why Shop with Blackstaff Books?
- Engaging books by great writers
- Safe and secure ordering options
- Our widest range of books online
- Book Details
‘… the universal poet, servant of the medium, renewer of the forms, discoverer of the nugget of harmony in the language of ourselves.' Seamus Heaney
'He brings to Irish poetry an invaluable chronicle of mixed allegiances and lost worlds of the ambiguities of the colony and the defeats of victory. No one else has quite had his themes; no one else has quite ventured on his enquiries.' Eavan Boland
Edited, with a new introduction, by acclaimed poets Michael Longley and Frank Ormsby, Selected Poems is a testament to John Hewitt’s remarkable literary legacy, and a celebration of a unique, compelling and still urgent voice in 20th century Irish poetry.
- Format: Paperback / Softback
- Published On: 01 March 2007
- Publisher: Blackstaff Press
- ISBN / EAN: 9780856408021
- Page Count: 176
- Dimensions: 7.80 in x 5.10 in x 0.55 in