Shorts: The Foreman Years
Why Shop with Blackstaff Books?
- Engaging books by great writers
- Safe and secure ordering options
- Our widest range of books online
- Book Details
Philip Foreman came to Belfast in 1958 to work for Short & Harland Ltd on the Seacat missile system. In 1967 he was appointed Managing Director, a position which he held for the next 21 years, combining it with the role of Chairman from 1983. These were great years for Shorts; the company became a world leader in the fields of commuter aircraft, missiles, aerostructures and advanced composite materials. This is the story of those exciting times and includes many personal memories from Sir Philip and others who worked with him. It is also profusely illustrated from company archives.
- Format: Hardback
- Published On: 01 January 2007
- Publisher: Ulster Aviation Society
- ISBN / EAN: 9781905989935
- Page Count: 80