The Ulster Reciter
All Northern Ireland’s favourite ballads and poems, including ‘The Man from God Knows Where’, ‘Master McGrath’, ‘The Diagonal Steam Trap’ and ‘William Bloat’ (which ends with the unforgettable lines: ‘For the razor blade was German made,/But the sheet was Irish linen’).
Why Shop with Blackstaff Books?
- Engaging books by great writers
- Safe and secure ordering options
- Our widest range of books online
- Book Details
Northern Ireland has a rich and colourful tradition of poetry, verse and recitation – you will be hard pressed to find someone who doesn’t know ‘The Man from God Knows Where’, ‘Master McGrath’ or ‘William Bloat’.
These familiar characters are firm favourites in Ulster homes, much like The Ulster Reciter itself, which brings together our best-loved ballads and poems. This new edition of the ever-popular classic, compiled by the late actor Joe McPartland – himself a great performer – is a charming and timeless record of the Northern Irish voice at its best, and a real treat for Ulster reciters everywhere.
- Format: Paperback / Softback
- Published On: 01 August 2008
- Publisher: Blackstaff Press
- ISBN / EAN: 9780856408298
- Page Count: 96
- Dimensions: 7.50 in x 4.90 in x 0.30 in