Ulster and the First World War
Why Shop with Blackstaff Books?
- Engaging books by great writers
- Safe and secure ordering options
- Our widest range of books online
- Book Details
This book is about the experience of the people of all of Ulster, both at home and overseas, throughout a conflict which was on such an unprecedented scale that it became known at the time simply as the Great War. Ulster and the First World War is published to mark the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War.
This book is written not for the specialist but for the general reader who would like to know more about the role this corner of Ireland played in that conflict. Teachers wanting to inform their pupils about the war and its connections with a specific locality should find this volume especially useful. The author, however, has been able to draw on the research of the many experts in this field who have had their work published recently - books listed in suggestions for further reading.
- Format: Paperback / Softback
- Published On: 02 December 2014
- Publisher: Northern Ireland War Memorial
- ISBN / EAN: 9780992930134
- Page Count: 94